3 films supported by Aide aux cinémas du monde (world film support fund) (CNC – Institut français) feature among the winners of the 77th Venice International Film Festival, the first major international film festival, and also the oldest, to be held with the public attending since the Covid-19 epidemic started:
Nuevo Orden, by Michel Franco, won the Silver Lion– Jury Prize, Zanka Contact by Ismaël el Iraki won the Orizzonti Prize for Best Actress, and finally Ghosts, the first feature-length film by Azra Deniz Okyay won the Film Critics’ Week Grand Prize.
During Final Cut, the workshop dedicated to films in post-production coming from countries all over the African continent, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Palestine and Syria, the Cinémathèque Afrique (African film library) of the Institut français awarded a "Coup de coeur" (Favourite) prize to the film Soula (Algeria-France), directed by Salah Issaad. This price consists of acquiring the film’s non commercial rights for the French cultural network abroad and its partners.
Les films soutenus par l’Aide aux cinémas du monde présentés au festival
3 films from the the Aide aux Cinémas du monde first College in the "Orizzonti" and "International Critics Week" sections
- Zanka contact by Ismaël El Iraki (1er long métrage) – section Orizzonti – (Coproduction Marocco, France, Belgium)
- Gaza mon amour by Tarzan and Arab Nasser (2nd long métrage) – section Orizzonti (Coproduction Palestine, France, Germany, Portugal, Qatar)
- Ghosts by Azra Deniz Okyay (1er long métrage) – section Semaine de la critique – (Coproduction Turkey, France, Qatar)
2 films from the the Aide aux Cinémas du monde first College in competition, et 2 others in the "Orizzonti" et "Venice Days" sections.
- Nuevo Orden by Michel Franco (Mexico, France) – Compétition
- Quo Vadis, Aida ? by Jasmila Zbanić (Bosnia Herzegovina, France, Norway, Germany, Austria, Nehterlands, Romania, Poland) - Compétition
- Selva Tragica by Yulene Olaizola (Mexico, Colombia, France) – Orizzonti
- Una promessa by Gianluca De Serio and Massimiliano De Serio (Italy, France, Belgium) – Section Venice Days