Updated on 19/02/2020
Seven films supported by the Institut français will be presented in the various sections of the Berlin International Film Festival, which will celebrate its 70th edition from 20 February to 1 March 2020.
Five films supported by the Aide aux cinémas du monde (Aid for World Cinema) programme (CNC-Institut français), as well as two films from the Institut français’ La Fabrique cinéma programme and a documentary film prepared as part of a residence at Villa Kujoyama, will be presented in the different sections of the festival, which presents over 400 films each year to professionals and the public.
- Todos os mortos (All the Dead Ones) by Marco Dutra and Caetano Gotardo (Brazil, France) supported by l’Aide aux cinémas du monde 2017 and the Institut français’ La Fabrique cinéma programme 2014
- Irradiés (Irradiated) by Rithy Panh (France, Cambodia); Rithy Panh was a winner of the Villa Kujoyama residency in 2019 with the support of the Institut français and the Bettencourt Schueller Foundation
- Cidade pasaro (Shine Your Eyes) by Matias Mariani (Brazil France) supported by l’Aide aux cinémas du monde 2017
- Digger by Georgis Grigorakis (Greece, France) supported by l’Aide aux cinémas du monde 2018
- Otac (Father) by Srdan Golubovic (Serbia, Croatia, France) supported by l’Aide aux cinémas du monde 2016
Berlinale Special Gala
- Pinocchio by Matteo Garone (Italy, United Kingdom, France) supported by l’Aide aux cinémas du monde 2016
- Yalda, la nuit du pardon (Yalda, a Night for Forgiveness) by Massoud Bakhshi (France, Germany, Switzerland, Luxembourg, Iran) - The Institut français’ Fabrique Cinéma 2016