The European Film Factory invites anyone with an interest in film education to join the online event “Welcome to the European Film Factory - Cinema Is The New School” on 13 October at 16:00 CEST to 18:00 CET.
Join us to discover the newly launched European Film Factory platform that offers an innovative solution to film education by providing free access to teachers and students to a catalogue of 10 European films. During the event, you will join too the debate “Film literacy goes digital: Opportunities and challenges for European cinema & education”.
In this debate, we link together a variety of speakers and stakeholders to discuss:
- What can film education bring to the young audiences?
- How can digital tools contribute?
- Maria-Silvia Gatta, Policy Officer, Communications Networks, Content & Technology, I.3 Unit – Audiovisual Industry & Media Programmes, European Commission
- Elena Maddalena, Communication Manager, INDIRE – the National Institute for Documentation, Innovation and Educational Research of Italy
- Claus Noer Hjorth, Chair of the Film Education Working Group, European Film Agency Directors Association (EFAD), Head of Children & Youth, Danish Film Institute
- Sabine Genz, Project Manager Publications and Projects, VISION KINO – Network for Film and Media Competences
- Maciej Jakubczyk, Head of Education, Nowe Horyzonty Film Festival
- Ciara Power, EFF Focus Group Teacher, Manor House School (Ireland)
The debate will be moderated by the ARTE journalist Annette Gerlach and will be followed by a Q&A session.
Supported by the MEDIA Creative Europe programme, the European Film Factory is a new initiative aiming to promote film education in Europe.