Designed around the major challenges of the 21st century, it presents the perspectives of African citizens and members of its recent diasporas. Africa 2020 amplifies the voices of the changemakers impacting contemporary societies.
Africa 2020 is a pan-African and multidisciplinary programme focusing on innovation in the arts, science, technology, entrepreneurship and the economy. Education is a cross-cutting issue when it comes to the sharing and communication of knowledge. This unique Season promotes mobility, showcasing women in all sectors of activity and targeting young people as a priority. Africa 2020's ambition is to create an emancipatory global movement through a sustainable commitment built around the values of citizenship.
Africa 2020 has 5 themes, intended as open categories to inspire the imagination:
- Augmented speech (dissemination of knowledge, social networks, technological innovations)
- Economy and Mythmaking (redistribution of resources, financial flows, economic emancipation)
- Archiving of Imaginary Stories (storytelling, memory, archives)
- Fiction and (Un)authorized Movements(circulation of people, ideas and goods, territory)
- Systems of disobedience (political consciences and movements, citizenship)