Updated on 10/04/2019
In collaboration with the Institut français and the Région Sud under their partnership agreement, and with the support of the City of Marseille and the CNC, Meditalents is organising the first edition of its Mediterranean co-production workshop in Marseille on 5th, 6th and 7th April 2019.
In keeping with its commitment to dialogue between the two shores of the Mediterranean through cinema, Meditalents is organising the first edition of a Mediterranean co-production workshop in Marseille from 5th to 7th April 2019.
Following a call for applications, ten director-producer duos will present their film projects on each shore of the Mediterranean to potential co-producers, international distributors and managers of support and/or financing funds.
For two days, these director-producer duos will have the opportunity to promote their film and make it known thanks to short pitching opportunities and individual meetings.
This will also be an opportunity for them to develop their production strategy by meeting decision-makers and discussing with other possible co-production producer partners.
Any potential reciprocal interest in contributions of financing or co-production which emerge may materialise a few weeks later at Cannes.
The projects will be presented in pitch form on the morning of Saturday 6th April, before a jury that will award the Région Sud Prize which comes with €20,000 in aid, as well as before a panel of professionals on 6th April in the afternoon and 7th April in the morning.
- « Commedia » by Myriam el Hajj produced by Abbout Production (Lebanon - Myriam Sassine)
- « Les Tours » by George Corraface produced by Faliro House Productions (Greece - Christos V. Konstantakopoulos) and Blonde Audiovisual Productions (Greece - Fenia Cossovitsa)
- « Where did I leave my face » de Ramzi Maqdisi produced by Quds Art Films (Palestine - Iyes Jubeh) and Dolce Vita (France - Marc Irmer, Claire Chassagne)
- « Growing Morass » by Can Eren produced by Ehemm Production (Turkey - Beste Yamalıoğlu, Neslihan Otkay)
- « L'Algérie c'est beau comme l'Amérique » by Karim Bengaga produced by Bang Bang Réalisation (Algeria - Amina Salem) and KG Productions (France - Alexandre Gavras)
- « North West sunset border » by Luisa Porrino produced by Fargo Entertainment (Italy - Alessandro Verdecchi)
- « Mariam » by Mavie Maher produced by El Adl Group (Egypt - Rasha Gawdat) and Lilith Films (France - Caroline Piras)
- « Bandit rouge » by Fred Nicolas produced by 13 Productions (France - Chantal Fischer),
- « Avec le temps et la distance » by Yotam Ben-David produced by La Belle Affaire Production (France - Jérôme Blesson)
- « Saisonniers » by David Bouttin produced by Comic Strip Production (France - Thierry Aflalou) and A2L Production (Marocco - Abdelhaï Laraki)