Ouaga Film Lab 2019
Updated on 26/09/2019
The Ouaga Film Lab and the Ouaga Producers Lab will take place in Ouagadougou from 12th to 21st September 2019 with the support of the Institut Français and many partners.
Ouaga Film Lab
Since 2016, the Institut Français has supported this development and co-production laboratory for film projects, which encourages encounters between international experts and emerging talent from West Africa. This year, the Ouaga Film Lab is also opening up to projects from Central Africa.
This platform allows African talent to network with professionals from all over the world, while also facilitating dialogue between African film-industry professionals.
10 projects have been selected to participate in the 4th edition of the Ouaga Film Lab :
- Augure, fiction project by BALOJI TSHIANI (RDC), produced by Lorine PLAGNOL – « Equinoxe » (Burundi)
- Aye Diamono, fiction project by Momar Talla Sankara Kandji (Sénégal), produced by Khadey ZIDNA – « Groupe Lydel Com » (Sénégal)
- Benimana, fiction project by Dusabejambo Clémentine (Rwanda), produced by Uwayezu Fanny – « Ejo-Cine » (Rwanda)
- Ebyaffe, documentary project by Nikissi Serumaga-Jamo (Ouganda), produced by Patience Asaba Katushabe – « Duuka Production » (Ouganda)
- Ikimanuka, fiction project by Samuel Karemangingo Ishimwe (Rwanda), produced by Philbert-Aimé Mbabazi Sharangabo – « Imitana Productions » (Rwanda)
- L'indépendant, fiction project by Hébié Ibrahim (Burkina Faso), produced by Yaya Sourabie – « Faso Films » (Burkina Faso)
- Les aventuriers, documentary project by Tomisin Aderuku (Nigeria), produced by Adama NIKIEMA – « Pilumpiku Production » (Burkina Faso)
- Les filles de Poséidon, documentary project by Noel Vagbanân Lamah (Guinée), produced by Alpha Ibrahima Diallo – « Holowaba Groupe » (Guinée)
- Les planches des oubliés, documentary project by Amédée Pacome NKOULOU (Gabon), produced by Honoré Yameogo Onezik – « Onezik » (Burkina Faso)
- RFI, documentary project by Joseph Moura (RDC), produced by Emmanuel Lupia – « Tosala Films » (RDC)
Ouaga Producers Lab
Alongside the Ouaga Film Lab, the Ouaga Producers Lab will also take place. The producers of the following 5 projects will be invited to participate in this training session :
- Anita Afatchao (Les films du siècle – Togo), producer of Moi riche, pingre et cupide, by Joel Tchedre (Togo)
- Soumaïel Djiguemde (Productions métissées – Burkina Faso), producer of Président Baba, by Aïcha BORO (Burkina Faso)
- Abdoulaye Ka (Kasy Prod – Sénégal), producer of Nobles de cœur, by Alassane SY (Sénégal)
- Serge Desire OUEDRAOGO (Etalons Films – Burkina Faso), producer of De la chenille au papillon, by Galadio Parfait Kabore (Burkina Faso)
- Salimata Tapily (Bandiaprod – Mali), producer of Les griffes du ciel (Mali)
The Institut français Award
The Institut français Award (Parcours Auteurs Francophones- La Fabrique Cinéma de l’Institut français- Les Cinémas du Monde) has been given to « Augure », fiction project by Baloji TSHIANI (RDC), produced by Lorine PLAGNOL – Equinoxe (Burundi).