In the frame of the Focus programme the Institut français has invited to France 28 foreign professionals to discover immersive reality creations.
In order to carry on with its action of fostering the development of the immersive realities field (virtual reality, augmented reality, mixed reality…), the Institut français will organize a second Focus event dedicated to immersive realities, from March 18 to March 22, 2019. 28 international professionals will be invited to meet the French actors of the industry, thanks to a scouting program allowing them to discover cultural immersive realities productions and applications.
Focus is a program developed by the Institut Français where foreign professionals are invited to France thanks to the cultural network abroad, with a specific cultural and artistic program organized for them. The aim is to enable the identification of French cultural contents and to encourage their international broadcasting. Focusprograms also foster collaborations between professionals of a given field.
Today, a new generation of professionals, including designers, producers, distributors, broadcasters and events programmers, have seized immersive reality technologies to create, relate, convey and release original French innovative works.
In this context, in October 2017 the Institut Français launched its first website dedicated to French cultural virtual reality, culturevr.fr, a bilingual website presenting French works and professionals in this field aiming to promote and enhance the releasing of French immersive creations all over the world.
For this Focus event, the Institut Français would like to strengthen its action in support of the French immersive reality sector by fostering encounters between French and foreign professionals and international cooperation initiatives.
This second edition of the Focus event dedicated to immersive reality technologies is organized in partnership with the Laval Virtual exhibition, the Forum des Images, the Centquatre and the Gaîté Lyrique. Professional meetings will be proposed in collaboration with Uni-XR, the French virtual reality think tank.
28 foreign professionals renowned in their field in their respective countries have been identified by the French cultural network abroad. The following guests will be attending:
- Ignacio DIMATTIA - Director, Neo Media Lab, Universidad Nacional del tres de Febrero (UNTREF)
- Roberto GUIMARAES - Director of Cultural Programs, Oi Futuro
- Mitya SORKIN - Co-Founder, Feeling Digital Films
- Monique SAVOIE - Director, Société des arts et technologies
- Dan BURGAR - President, VR/AR Association, Vancouver
- Juan Pablo FERNANDEZ – Executive Producer & Programmer, FIDOCS
- Alvaro CASSINELLI - Senior Research Associate, CityU Center for Applied Computing and Interactive Media (ACIM), CityU Chengdu Research Institute
- Mia RODRIGUEZ SARMIENTO - Engineer, member of the New Media Department, Proimagénes
- Paulina DONOSO - Director of the Multimedia and Audiovisual Production Department, Universidad de las Americas
- Thorsten S. WIEDEMANN - Founder and Director, A MAZE
- Ulanda BLAIR - Curator of Moving Image at M+
- Nir SA’AR - Producer, Filmmaker, Artistic Director, Makor Foundation
- Brian AFANDE - Producer, BlackRhino VR
- Majid SEDDATI - Researcher, Professor, Programmer & Director, Festival d’art vidéo de Casablanca
- Doede HOLTKAMP – Partnerships, VR Days
- Harry SILVER - Coordinator, COLAB, University of Auckland University of Technologies
- Uche ANISIUBA - CEO, Quadron VR
- Gueorgui MOLODTSOV - Programmer, Filmmaker
- Abdou Khadre DIOP - Founder & CEO, Ownlabs
- Caitlin ROBINSON - Producer, Electric South
- Naomi VAN NIEKERK – Artist & Digital Lab Africa#2 winner
- Soh Yeong ROH - Director, Art Centre Nabi
- Lluís NACENTA - Director, Hangar
- Jose Luis DE VICENTE - Head curator, Sonar + D
- Tommy CHANG - Technical Director – HTC VR Content Center
- Grace LEE - VR Programmer, Kaohsiung Film Archive
- Tidarat (Ann) THANAPAKPAWIN - President, Thaï Game Software Industry Association
UNITED-STATES OF AMERICA
- Savannah NILES - Lead, Product Strategy, Magic Leap