The Cité internationale des arts
Artists are supported by one or more cultural partners (French cultural network abroad, French or foreign cultural structures - art centre, association, gallery, museum, conventioned structure, theatre, production site, concert hall, festival, etc.) who submit their application and then pay for their international travel and living allowance. The Institut français offers the winners free studio accommodation at the Cité internationale des arts.
The Cité internationale des arts is located in Paris, on two separate sites, and has 325 studio flats. The management of 22 studio flats has been delegated to the Institut français by the Ministry of Culture and the Ministry of Europe and Foreign Affairs.
- Submission of applications: until 20 October 2023, included
- Selection committee: December 2023
- Notification of results: January 2024
- Periods of residency: April 2024 – April 2025
Applications must be submitted by the associated partners via the IF Prog platform. Applications submitted directly by artists will not be considered.
The selection process is open to artists and cultural professionals of all ages from all countries in the following disciplines:
- Architecture / Landscape / Urban planning
- Street arts / Circus / Puppetry
- Plastic arts
- Comic strips
- Film (animation, creative documentaries, video art)
- Digital creation (digital arts, video games, VR)
- Art criticism and curating
- Dance / Performance
- Design / Graphics
- Literature (fiction / essays / children's literature / comics)
- Arts and crafts
- Music (classical, contemporary, modern, jazz)
TERMS OF RESIDENCE
- The Institut français de Paris rents individual studio flats at the Cité internationale des arts. These are located on the Marais site (18 rue de l'Hôtel de Ville, 75004). They are furnished, equipped with a Wifi connection and include a work room with a bedroom area, a bathroom and a kitchenette.
- The associate partner(s) undertake to cover the cost of return travel; to ensure that the artist has insurance covering repatriation, hospitalisation costs, medical expenses and civil liability; to ensure that the artist has a visa allowing him/her to stay in France for the duration of the residency; to provide the artist with a living allowance of at least €1,000 per month.
DURATION OF THE STAY
- 3, 6 or 9 months
Project Manager / Residencies department